Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 9, 2013

When Movies Become Real Life.

           Have you ever watched a movie and though after how it really relates to life in general? Well I did,and for the longest time I Never though anything about or how it related to life until I started watching it over and over. I had watched this movie so many times and always though it was just a good movie. I think everyone knows the movie that I am talking about. I am talking about the movie " The Lion King" and  Its one of my favorite movies.


I love everything about this movie. It's one of those movies that  I would watch as a kid and would just stare at the tv for hours. One of the reasons that I love The Lion King is because it's a musical and one of the numbers that I love in that movie is called " I just can't wait to be king" where simba is trying to become king.

In that number Zazu is training Simba to become king and wants him to do everything that a king should and wants him to do it properly. Simba does not want to do it a certain way like his father did and tells Zazu that he is gonna do things his way and his way only. Now I know this because like I said I have seen this movie so many times that I probably could almost repeat this song line by line. But the reason I explain what the song is saying is because this song has so much to do with people and this world and it took me till I was older to figure it out.

In my own words, I think what this song is saying when Simba says "I just can't wait to be king" is that people can be the best they can be just by  being themselves and not trying to be something that they are not. Just like in the movie when Zazu  tried to make simba be exactly how his father was simba felt that he could do and much better job if he ran the kingdom his way.

I think that's what this movie has to do with life . I think that this movie is saying that in this world so many people try to be something that they are not and if  we would just try to be ourselves and not someone else we could go to new highs and could reach the stars and who knows even become king(queen for the ladies).


So, I guess what I am trying to say is that in so many movies especially in a lot of Disney movies you can really find how they relate to life. This is just my opinion, but sit down and watch one for your self and see if you can tell how it relates.

PS: this is what my post is about . see what you all think.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment