Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 4, 2013

Image In The Mirror

There are so many different body types out there. From short to tall to skinny and heavy and everthing in between each one just as unique as the other.

So why is it that when we see our selfs in the mirror we are always wanting to change our image.

I am guilty of this is well, when I look in the mirror I always say to myself " I wish I could change this or that about myself "  As women I think we are more guilty of this than men. We look in the,mirror and are always wanting something changed.

The question I have to ask is why? Why do we want to change ourselves? Are we trying to impress somebody, or just change the way we feel about ourselves.

For me, I've always been told that I am to Pale,or to heavy, and that,may be true. Im not a size 0 I never will be,and maby im not tan  and very pale but you know what I'm happy with myself and thats all that,matters.

Thats the key to this self image thing. The key is being happy with who you are, on the inside and outside. Not worrying about what we could change to look better,and what we could do to make ourselves look better.

I seen this commercial once where they had a bunch of women in  a room together with a bunch of mirrors. On the mirrors they had blankets so the women could not look at them selves and everywhere they went all the mirrors were covered. By the end of this expiement when the,blankets where taken off of the mirrors the women did not care what they looked like they were just happy with themselves.

Maby this is what we should all do. For 24 hours not look in the mirror, and by the end of the 24 maby just maby, we will have a whole new image without having to fix a thing or change a thing about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment