Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Girl Behind The Mask.


Who is that girl behind the mask? Sounds like a pretty simple question,but for me it's not quite that simple. See, I have always felt like every since I was little,that I have had too hide behind this mask.

A lot of time I feel like I would just like to rip off the mask but how,is the question? I feel like there is a great person behind this mask but yet I can't let come off. It's like it's glued on or permeatly on my face.

I think the thing that I am afraid of is when I do take off my mask that I will be hurt,not physically but mentally. Although I have took en off my mask some and have been working on it it's still not all the way off. I don't want to take it off and be hurt. I feel like people say they know me on the inside,but they have no idea what I am or who I am on the inside.

So how do I get my mask off? Should I take it off and take the chance of getting hurt,or should I just leave it on and not take that chance? There is a great person underneath but I'm just scared. The plain hard truth I'm scared and I'm not afraid to admit it. I have been hurt before and had people go away from me before and I just don't want to be that way again.

So,yes I may have to lock away the true me and yes maby people are not seeing the true me,but this girl behind the mask is one that is not going to have hurt, this girl is going to be safe. I would love to show this girl. Maby one day,but for now this is just me, The Girl Behind The Mask.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand. For me it took a mentor to get under the mask and really get to know all that was going on in my life. I just took a risk and told him everything, and it paid off. But, this isn't always the case. I think the best thing to do is to slowly peel away the mask a little at a time. Find someone you trust and just let them know how you're feeling. When you do get to drop the mask, it's the most liberating thing ever.

    ReplyDelete