Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 13, 2010

Eating Around The Bush.


This week I have had to make a couple of hard decions about asking people things. See,this year I am helping an organization that helps parents get Christmas presents for there children so they will have somethings to open up on Christmas morning.

With this organization I am trying to help out a friend who is down on her luck. She only has one child which is good and the child is younger . She is just very concerned that her child will not have a Christmas this year. When I started talking to her I could not figure out how I would ask her if she needed help buying gifts for the child this year.


I don't like eating around the bush,but for some reason the words would just not come out of my mouth. It was a simple question,but I was just so worried that I would offend her if I ask her if she needed help this year.

Finally,after about an hour of talking to her I finally the courage from somewhere to ask her if she would need help this year. It's almost like the words finally decided to get out of my mouth.

After I as her,I was kind of shocked that I did,and also what response that I got. Instead of being mad at me for asking such a kinda private question she actually was very happy. In fact she was so happy that I ask her that she started to get all teary eyed. To say the least it got to me as well because I stated to tear up. It was differently such a beautiful Christmas moment. One that you can only find in real life,and not in fairy tales.

My friend told me that she felt horrible that she could not hardly buy her daughter something. The one thing that I told her was this. Things happen,things that you can not stop. It's part of life really. Don't feel bad that you can't afford much. The good thing about this little girl is she is she is young. Really she will be happy with anything.

After I told my friend that she ask me a question that caught me off guard. She ask me" Why I was helping her out". Without even thing about it I told her that the reason I was help her is because " I have been there too". Maby not in this same situation but I have been in a situation where I needed someone too. That and that she is a great friend and I would do anything in the world for my friends.

So I guess me taking to her really helped. It's so nice to help people out. When it's your family and friends out it's even better. Now I know when I need to say something,I should just come right out and say it instead of eating around the bush. Sometimes that is the best thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment