Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2010

Poetry At It's Best.


I am not much on reading I have to admit. Never have been. I should be though,really the only time I like to read is when I am reading a post,or reading what I have just published.

There are times when I will pull out a book but, of coarse not just any book,I am talking about a piece of work that is actually good. I am talking about a little poetry. I have for some odd reason always loved poetry.

Poetry is a great thing to describe how you are feeling,and also things that you may be going through in your life. The up's the down's and everything in between. The thing that I love most about poetry though is how it can tell a story about your life in just a few short sentences.

Some of the best poetry doesn't have to come from great poets although they are amazing, some of the best poetry at least that I have just comes from everyday ordinary people like you or I. Poetry comes from the heart. It comes from what you are feeling that day,or what emotion you are in,or even what you have going on in your life.

This is a great thing to read when you are feeling down. I know when life kicks me in the butt and I feel like the whole world is raining down on me one of the best things that I know to do instead of just sit in my room and cry,is to read any kind of poetry that I can get my hands on. So the next time your down on your luck just pick up a poetry book and start reading,who know you may be surprised.

PS: MY favorite poem is a poem by: Edger Allen Poe called "The Raven"

No comments:

Post a Comment