Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 18, 2010

Being Thankful.


I was on my computer today(like I am everyday) and I watched a video that was on the WorldVision Canada site, that was so beautiful but so sad in a way. It had one of my favorite actors in it Colin Mochrie. It was about his journey to the Dominican republic with world vision. It was a video of him talking to this little girl name Nana. This little girl was telling him that sometimes they go to bed without food.Which made me so sad, because the little girl was saying that she does not even go to school because there is no one to pay for her schooling.

It was just a beautiful but a sad video that made me cry, because I was thinking to myself, wow how our they not complaining or why don't they say something like I know I would. It really makes me think that we take so much of this world for granted. We take the clothes on our back or having a roof over our heads at night, or food or even water and family and our friends for granted. These children and there familes don't have what we have. They don't have a lot of the simple things that we take for granted everyday. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people complain about stupid things. I know that I do it to. I did it when I was in school, telling my parents that I didn't want to go to school, or missing school for stupid reasons. Those kids over there would kill for a school.

I just feel so guilty and so bad for those kids, I feel like first of all that I wish there was more that I can do. Another reason I feel so bad is because I feel like those kids and especially that little girl that Colin was talking too did not complain one little bit. All she said was that she would like to go to school, and she wants to wait till she is older to get married. That is not a lot to ask for. I feel like we should not be compelling about anything. There is so much in this world that we just complain about, over there they have a lot more things to worry about, like how they are going to eat,or worrying about having to get married so young.We need to be thankful for what god gave us instead of sweating the small things in life. I don't think people understand how lucky we are until you see a video like that, or see it for yourself. Everyone needs to go to the web site"WorldVision Canada" and watch that video of Colin Mochrie with that little girl name Nana. I am telling you It will make You cry. It did me. Good job Colin.

No comments:

Post a Comment