Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

That Special Someone.


When I was growing up I never thought that I would find that special someone. I thought that I wanted to grow up and stay single. At that time I was so young and so in mature. I mean I thought that is what I wanted. I thought that it would be fun to stay single and just grow up and I would be fine without a man. Now I have come to realize that I was wrong. So wrong.

Now that I have because older I realized that I don't know where I would be without my boyfriend. He is such a great man and I love him very much. He is the one where if I need a shoulder to cry on he is always there,he is also the one where I can also tell him anything and I know it's just going to stay between us,and only us. He is my best friend and just and the best person,that I want to spend the rest of my life with.We found each other in 8th grade and we have not lost sight of each other since.

We were talking the other day and I ask him if he believes that we will make it last in our relationship. He ask me what I meant, and I proceeded to tell him that my great grandparents found each other when they were very young, It was back so many years ago,they had gotten married when she was 13 and he was 16,(back then you could get married young) and I told him that their relationship lasted for 70 years or so, until my grandfather passed away in 02. I ask him do you think that we will last that long and still be in love that many years from now, and he said without even missing a beat, something so beautiful that it made me cry, he said "I know we will because you are the best thing that ever happened to me and I am never letting you go". That was so romantic of him to say that. That is why I love him so much. My great grandparents relationship gave me confidence that if they can be together for that long, I know that we can too and so can anybody else.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lyndsie. My husband and I met when I was 16 -- and we're still in love. It's wonderful that you guys found each other.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is great that you all have been togther for that long,Like I said in my post we have been togther since middle school so I hope we can make it last forever.

    ReplyDelete