Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Lucky One


Growing up I had a great child hood. I had family that was always around me and friends that would be there whenever I needed them. For me I knew that I could go to my family and tell them anything. I could also go to my friends and tell them whatever I wanted to tell them,and I knew that it would stay between us and not go to anybody else.


I maby didn't know then that when my family or friends would get after me for something it would be to teach me a life lesson years later. Sometimes my family would get after me when I would run at into the road was I was younger. I didn't think that it was fun when they got at me when I was younger, but now I realize that it was because they were afraid that I was going to get hit. Now I am thinking them for getting after me for that. Or when I would go out with my friends and sometimes my head would get to big, like I am sure it does for everybody sometimes. My friends would tell me sometimes that I need to get my head out of the clouds and come back down to earth. I really needed to hear that sometimes. (As do we all sometimes)


I think what I am trying to get at is this, I grew up luck. I sometimes maby thought when I was younger that I didn't because maby I didn't get all the things that I wanted or I got into trouble once in a while,but I was one of the lucky ones. I realize now that the reason that I was so luck is because of everybody always being close to me, and I had a roof over my head(always) and clothes on my back and there was always food on the table. Now that I am older I realize that not everybody in this world has this. I see it on the news all the time. I see men, women, kids,even pets homeless. They don't have the thing me and you have. Sometimes they go days without the things that me and you take for granted sometimes. Like running water, or clean clothes, food, home,and there is times that when I am out I hear people complaining about the simple things. So really what I am trying to tell people is don't take your life for granted . Be thankful for what you have and be thankful for you family and friends. And try not to sweat the small things in life. I know that I think god each and everyday for what I have and pray for the ones that don't have anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment