Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Special Day.


Father's day, what a great day. It's a day where father's and grandfather's and the men that have been there with you since you were born are celebrated. This is a time where you can thank those special men for being there and helping you your whole life. These are the men that have helped taught you how to walk, and how to talk, and have been there when you needed to talk, or when you just needed to a friend. Ladies we need to be thankful for the special men that have been in our life's and in our kids life's as well. For those of us who don't have kids, we just need to be thankful for the men in our life's, I know that I am.

As I told you all in a preview's post I have always had a dad and I do love him, but I have always for some reason though of my grandfather as a dad. He was there when I was growing up. He is really the one that I seen the most. I love both of them though with all my heart. I remember when I was little and we lived at my grandfather's and grandmother's house my grandfather would come home after a long day and I would get up on his lap and he would rock me to sleep if I was having trouble going to sleep for my nap. Or he would tell me stories and just when my parents and grandmother was not looking he would give me a cookie. That was always the best part. See with me it's like I have good memories of when I was little. I loved my childhood. I have such good memories.

Like I said we should all be thankful for our father, grandfathers,uncles, great grandfather's and all the men that has helped raise us. Not only should we be thankful for them but also the mother's , I don't think that they get all the appreciation that they deserve so I would also like to take the time to salute them as well. We appreciate the things that you do and how you have been in our life's. We should always tell the people we love the most, that we love them and thank you for raising us . Again I would just like to say Happy Father's day to all the special men in our life's right now, no matter who it is.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lyndsie! This is a beautiful post -- as is the comment you left on our blog today! Thanks for that.

    Today, you asked for some advice and we'd be happy to give you some if you want. Why don't you email us at radeckirites@gmail.com and we can "chat".

    Look forward to hearing from you! xo Barbara and Deb

    ReplyDelete