Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

Picture Perfect.


Lately I have been going through some old photo albums. They are picture's that I have not seen since I was little and some that I have not seen at all. They are pictures that have been put away in a box and have been in my grandparents closet. They bring back so many memories for me. One of the things that I remember is when I was little my grandfather would sit in his chair and I would climb up on his lap. We would go through the pictures together and he would tell me where they were taken and who was in the them. He could even tell me what year the photo was taken. I always looked forward when him and I would look at old photo's. He loves to tell stories and that was his time that he could tell me any story that he wanted, and I enjoyed it and still enjoy it very much to this day.

Now that he is older he still does that. Even when I was looking back at old memories (which is one of my favorite things to do) he was telling me who was in the pictures and where it was taken. Photo's are such a great thing to look back on. It can bring back memories that are happy and it can even bring some tears when you look at pictures that are of sad times,(which is what it did to me)I have told you all in so many post that I don't like to cry very much, but even today when I was looking at some more old pictures I was just sitting here crying, because I was remembering things that had happen when I was little. When you look at old pictures to me it is like a book about yourself if you really think about it. It's kinda weird now that I look back, because when I was little, I could never understand why my family and friends like to record and take pictures of not only me but special events that happened. In fact I though it was kinda silly that they had a camera in their hands every five seconds,now I am glad that they did. Now I can go back and remember the good and not so good times in my life.

Now that I am older I have come realize that those memories in those photo's are special and priceless. I don't have any children but when I do, those are the pictures that I can tell them what they were from and who were in the pictures, like my grandfather did when I was little and like he still does to this very day. I think the sad thing for me that really makes me cry when I look at these pictures is that I know that I can never get these memories back,but then I realize that I have new memories that I can look at and remember. I take a lot of pictures and I know that some of my friends and even my boyfriend sometimes does not know why I take so many,but it is because I want to have those memories and pictures that I can hold on to and look at. Memories are so important to have. Everyone should cherise the memories that you have with your family and friends. Take the time to sit down with your family and just go through some old photo's. It can bring back so much. It can bring out emotions that have not been out in a long time. I know there is times when me and my boyfriend will just sit on the couch and I will show him old photo album's and tell him stories of what they were . I am thankful for the memories that I have in those photo's and I am even more thankful for the new ones I have now.


No comments:

Post a Comment