Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Exit Stage Right.


I have always been the one who wants to make a quick exit. Weather it would be from a play or school when I was younger, or even in life. When things get to difficult or when you just need a way out of something.

We are all guilty of it at least one time or another in our lives. We try to get out of something either to do something that we want to do or just because we are scared of what is to come. Me personally,I have always been the one who escapes when things get to difficult.

Just like today for instance. I am having trouble with this co worker of mying and instead of trying to work things out with her I just ran.Now I didn't literally run,but you know what I mean. I just got out of it and someone else is covering me so that I can cover him.

I know that it is not the best thing to do but I was scared. Not,afraid of my co-worker,but afraid confrontation. I have said it before,I don't like to fight and argue. I was brought up not to fight,and growing up I didn't have anybody to fight with, so when I would hear someone fight or fuss I would just go away. I am only now starting to learn how to stand up for my self. That is why I took the easy exit out from this situation.

I know that I shouldn't take the easy way out of everything but, I just don't know what to do. This post kind of relates to my post the other day about finding your voice. Sometimes I think we forget to talk up,so we take the easy way out. It seems like the easiest way sometimes,I know.
Like I said I am guilty of it just like everyone one at one point or another. We just need to remember that just because there is an exit way doesn't mean it's the only way or the right way. It just means it there for the taking,sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment