Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's All How You Look At It.


I have always been blessed enough to have not only loving but very bright, well educated people in my family. We are always trying to figure out things and study things for what they are.

There are times where we do forget things or when people get older and they forget things but,that is going to happen it's natural. The thing that I am so amazed at, is how much not only older people but even younger people can remember things that happen years ago but then forget what people tell them as soon as it's told to them.

Just like my Great Grandmother(God rest her soul) on my mom's side and also my other Great Grandmother on my father's side. My grandmother on my mom's side I am sad to say we lost her February of 09,but when she was alive she could recall things that happen back into the 1900's. It was truly amazing.

You could show her a picture and ask her questions about it and she could tell you where it was taken and who was in it and maby the date and who was taken the picture. The funny thing is that though she could tell you all that but could not tell you her name or who anybody else was.

My grandmother on my father side does that as well and still to this day. She can plan out our family tree and tell you who people were and our but if you tell her something she probably forget it.

So why is it that people can tell you something that happen years ago but anything that happen now?It's just so amusing to me how we tend to remember things like that. I just hope when I am my grandmother's age I have half the mind that they did and still do to this very day.

No comments:

Post a Comment