Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Facing Your Fears.


Have you ever had a fear of something? It could be anything. There are a lot of fears to chose from. Well I have had a fear of a couple of things. My fears are things that a lot are afraid of. When I was little I had a fear of the dark. I hated the dark. For me it was the scariest thing on earth. Now I am not afraid of it anymore. I just faced my fears. One night I just turned out all the light and I went to bed,well tried to go to bed. About half way through the night I told my parents that I was afraid of the dark and that I wanted a night light . And they told me that I needed to face my fears and to try to sleep with out a night light. Before I went back into my room that night they told me that it was the same as Moring time and that the sun would be up in the Moring. I knew that I had to face my fears so I went back into my room and just went to bed. Now I am no longer afraid of the dark.

I know it sounds kinda weird, being afraid of the dark. Like I said I was little what did I know. Now that I have grown up I don't have as many fears. Now don't get me wrong I am not telling you that I don't have a fear of things but it is simple things. One of the things that I do have a fear of that I have always had a fear of is heights. I hate heights. I just feel like when I am up high look down or on something that is high up in the air I am going to fall. A lot of people have a fear of heights but I feel like my aversion to highs is so much worse. Mying is so bad I don't even like to get up high on a ladder. I know again it sounds weird, but that is just me. I know that sooner or later I need to face my fears but I just don''t know if I will be able to handle being up somewhere high. That to me is so much worse that being afraid of the dark.

I need to just take a big step and face my fears head on. I need to get this height fear out of my way. If I could just get this fear out of my way I could do so much more. I could go see scenery that I was to scared to see because it was a height . I don't know how I am going to face my fear yet but I need to do it. I need to do it for myself. I want to prove to myself and everybody that I can face my fears and if I can do it they can too. I think fears are just all in our heads. Maby we are not afraid of anything, we just think we are . Like I said if you have a fear you should just face it head on. That is the only way that you are ever going to get over it.

2 comments:

  1. I went skydiving which helped me get over my fear of heights. Didn't seem so fun as I was about to jump but ended up being one of the greatest experiences of my life. Totallly with you on facing fears head on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alsome that you did that. I think that would be so freky. There is no way I would do that ,but that is good that you faced my fears. In a weird way I kinda faced my fears as well.

    ReplyDelete