Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Guilty Mind.


Have you ever promised someone something and then went back on your word, Isn't it the worst feeling in the world we you go back on your promise? Well, I have to admit that I did, and now I am not sure what to do about it.

See over the past couple of mounts I have been having my share of bad luck like we all do sometimes. It has literally been one thing after the other. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to ask for some help(this is going to be another religious post, sorry but I have to get this off my chest.) So I decided to go to my room and just pray. I prayed for hope and I prayed to get through everything in my life and so far it has worked, but I still feel guilty that I did not keep my promise.

See I promised myself and others that if god let me get through everything that was going on in my life that I would go to church every weekend and read the Bible every day and I have to say that I have not keep my promise so I feel guilty. I mean I know I should not make excuses but I have just been so busy and I haven't had the time and then the times that I am not busy I am so tired from the day before that I just want to sit and relax.

I don't know what I should do. I really can not help that I work and do other things on Sunday. Like I said, I feel bad that I am making excuses,but what else is there to do?Should I just drop everything and do as I promised or should I try to go to church and do the things that I promised to do every other weekend? I just don't know what to do. So you can see why I am feeling very guilty. So someone please tell me what you think I should do. Give me some suggestions, please because I don't have a clue what to do.

2 comments:

  1. I've done the same thing in the past. A wise person once told me that God doesn't want us to do things out of a sense of obligation or guilt. He wants us to do them, because we want to. If somethings important to you, you can make it a priority in your life. But, I also feel like God knows our hearts and that's the most important thing of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,thanks for the advice Ruth. It is not that going to church is not my priority but I am just so busy, Maby I should make it my first priority. I really think that it is more improtant/

    ReplyDelete