Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Table Talk.


You have seen those commercials on tv. The ones that talks about spending as much time as possible with your family around the kitchen table. Well I know that I have seen them.I use to think they were kind of dumb. I use to say to my self "that will not help you become closer as a family, just by sitting around the kitchen table." I was younger, so I really didn't thank much of spending time with my grandparents. Actually a lot of times they would be in one room eating and I would be in another. Now when I am home, we all sit around the dinning room table and discuss our day and feelings with each other.I may not have appreciated the family dinners when I was younger but I sure do now. I am very thankful that I can sit with them and tell them my feeling and share my stories.

Now, I know there are some nights that family's just can not have dinner together either because, they are to busy or because they are in a couple of different place at once,but as long as you have dinner at a least a couple times a week together then that is all that matters. Family dinners can be so important. They can be the place where you share stories and memories with each other. It is a time where you can share what you have done that day as well as your feeling for that day.
Now I love family time. I just love the fact that I am so close to my grandparents. Just like today we we all went to a restaurant and talked about the things that were on our minds. We shared memories and laughed like crazy. I love that. Being near your family is so important. Take that time to just sit down and talk to your family.

Like I said, I know that there are times that everybody just can not be in the same place at once,but you should try to get together as often as possible. Family time can be a great time as long as you let it be. Not only do you get to spend time with your family,but you also grow closer. Maby when you are younger you think it is pointless to sit around the table,but when you grow older you start to think about how important it is. Life goes by in an instant, so take the time while you have got it to spend time with your family. I promise you will not regret it.

5 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! Whenever I go home, I insist that we have sit-down family meals. My sisters don't appreciate it yet, but I know they will one day. When I'm at school I have an "adopted family" I eat with at least once a week. It helps keep down the stress of school, and I love them dearly. Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diggin' the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I am trying to make my blog look more professional and good. If you have got any suggestion on anything else I can change please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a little blog maintenece as well, if you have any suggesions for me please let me know too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks but I think you blog looks great

    ReplyDelete