Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 18, 2010

That Permanent Ink.


When I turned 18 one of the things that I told my friends and grandparents that I wanted to do, was to get a tattoo that and donate blood, but that is a different blog. Anyways, I wanted to get a tattoo and I had really been wanting one really bad for reason I don't know why I wanted one but I did for some god for saken reason.

On my 18 birthday I finally got my wish. I had not even though about where I wanted to get in at or what I wanted to get I just knew that it was my day to get one. I had no idea what I wanted. Did I want a picture of one of my favorite animals, or maby a quote, like I said I had no idea what I wanted. I should have probably figured out what I wanted and where I wanted to get it at, before I got to the tattoo shop, but what did I know it was my first one. Finally after over an hour of trying to decide what I wanted, I finally figured it out I was going to get my boyfriends name with a heart.

Now that that was decided all I had to do was figure out where to get it at. Should I get on my back, or my arm, or even on my foot. Finally I figured it out, I was going to get it on the back of my neck. I have no idea why I put it there and why some one did not tell me that it was going to be so pain full.

I did not think that getting a tattoo would hurt so much but it does.It just so happens that my boyfriend got my name and a heart on the back of his neck the same day which made it better,because I wasn't alone and it made it less scary for me. I think that the worst painful part for me was the outline of the tattoo. The coloring for me did not hurt so bad,because by then my neck was numb and I couldn't feel the pain,a little pressure here and there put no pain.Like I said I was really numb. Maby it would not have hurt so much in the first place if I would have gotten it on my foot or arm. Well it is to late for regret now I have already got it and it turned out great and so did my boyfriends.

If I had any advice for people that are thinking about get a tattoo it would be #1- think about what you want to get before you get to the tattoo shop and also where you want to get it,#2-get a tattoo that means something to you. It is going to be your body forever so don't just get one because all your friends have one, #3- make sure you are happy with the tattoo you get. and the #4 rule and the most important- go somewhere that you can see them getting the things out for the tattoo, in other words got to a respectable tattoo shop and also a clean shop. There is nothing worse than a dirty tattoo. That will get you into a whole lot of trouble. As long as you follow these simple rules you should have a good experience with getting a tattoo.


PS: I was trying to get a picture of my tattoo for this blog but could not get a good enough shot for it. But I promise it is a really beautiful tattoo. Well at least I think so.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for tattoos! I grew up with a very conservative family who did not particularly like tattos, but I got my first one last fall. I've got a cross on my ankle, and am planning on getting "Faith" on my wrist this fall. I think you're right about thinking about it way ahead of time and making sure it's something you really want. I'm always amazed at how many stigmas come with getting a tatoo, drives me absolutely crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got mying when I turned 18 aned I am 20 now so I have had mying for a while. They are very addictive. When I was 19 I go a picture of a turtle on my back. Turtles are kinda of like my spirtual animal so I got one one my back to make sure that I always have it with me, I love both of mying.

    ReplyDelete