Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Helping Hand.


Helping other people is great. It is something that I think everyone should do. There is so many people out there that need help. When you help out it makes you feel like you can want to help out more.

I went to a technical school when I was in high school. I went for cooking. In my culinary class we learned just about everything. One of the things that they made sure they stressed to us was how important it was to help out those in need. Every Christmas we would have this organization call "Dream" come in. Dream is an organized for children that have no parents and are less fortunate. They would come in every year and we would make different kinds of cookies with them and make different presents for all the other children and things like that. Not only did we do that but because we knew that they were not going to have very much for Christmas we would have fund raisers through they year and buy gifts so that each child would have presents and stocking to open Christmas morning. Getting to see the children faces on Christmas eve as we put the presents under the tree was so rewarding and special to me.

Not only have I done that but I also do Big Brother Big Sister which is also so rewarding. It is just a great feeling to help out and know that you are helping out you community. Even if you can help out a little or lend a hand some way to a person in need is great. Some times it's the small things that counts more than the big things.

Go out there and help anyway you can. There are a lot of great charity and organizations out there that need our help. We can help them one at a time and feel great while doing it.

PS: I did this post because helping out is what I like to do and I am very passionate about it. It is something that I feel very confident about....

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I am always amazed when I volunteer at how I think I'm going to help someone else, and then they end up teaching me a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought...you might want to add comment sections to your other pages. You can check out mine to see what that looks like. It'd give folks a chance to comment on your photos and videos, or about me section. Let me know if you need any help :D Lookin' Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted a comment bar to my links so people can comment. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete