Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Words Like No Other.


When I was growing up I always got told a quote that applies to ever one, and my grandparents said it to me all the time. The quote was "You Can Be Any Thing You Want To Be". It many not seem like such a great quote to some people, but to me It is the greatest quote in the world. It helped me when I was in grade school and It is helping me now.

It's kind of weird how when we are little we don't really pay attention to what are parents and grandparents say, but then 20 years later we realize what they said back then can help you in your everyday life and be so special.

When I was little, I would tell my family I wanted to be so many things when I grew up. I told them that I wanted to be anything from a nurse, to a doctor, to a dancer and I actually took dance lessons for 4 years then I decided that I did not want to be a dancer so quite dancing and every time my grandparents would tell me " you can be anything that you want to be". It took me the longest time to figure out what I wanted to be. I tried so many different things and it took me really into high school to figure out what I wanted to take up.

I have always had a love of art, so I am trying to learn more about art as well as my other subjects in college. I just believe that you may not be able to figure out what you want to do with your life when you are younger and it may take you a little while to decide what you want to do, but when you figure it out, just run with it. Take it as far as you can take it and soar with it and don't let anybody stand in your way, from your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Cool post!! I wanted to be an astronaut or a fighter jet pilot when I was little :)

    Came into college firmly believing I knew what I wanted to do, and now I have totally changed my mind. I think that's what college and growing up are all about, realizing that it's going to take awhile before we know what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your picture question, I don't know how to get it to stretch across. That's why I had to combine a couple to make it work. I used Photoshop to create the pic, but you could do it in PowerPoint or another program like that if you want.

    ReplyDelete