Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Role Model's.


The other day I was cleaning out some paper when I came across one that I had written when I was in middle school. The topic was about role models. The question was, who was my role model? It could have been anyone, from a famous person from history,to a singer to an actor or actress,ect. Back then I would have said someone like my family or an old friend. Now if I had to answer that question all over again it would be Rosa Parks.

I have always felt like she was a women that knew what she wanted and fought for what she believed in even up to her death in 2005. When we learned about her in middle school I was thinking that it was kind of boring learning about her,but now I have see her in a whole new way that I did not see in middle.

Now, I know that there are a lot of women who stand up for what they believe in,but I also believe that Rosa Parks help out with that. I respect her because she stood up for what she believed in and what she was right. We all know the basic story of Rosa Parks. How she would not give up her seat to a white man and instead keep sitting in her seat after being told to get up by the bus driver.

Rosa Parks helped women everywhere realize that if you believe that something is right in this world you need to fight for it. I believe, that so much, I really do. I think that women have to fight for a lot more that what men have to fight for. I mean if you look at the big picture you will see that men have it a lot easier than women do. Now I will say that over the last couple of years that situation has gotten better,but it is still not all the way fixed,so I still believe that we have to fight for what we want.

Please don't miss interpret me, I am not saying that one gender is better than the other to me, I think that both gender are just as good as the other,I am just saying that women seem to have to fight a lot more in this world for what they want than men do. I just believe that Rosa Parks as well as the other powerful women in history has made it a little easier for us to do things and to fight for what is right.

So I guess what I am asking everyone is who is your role model? Everyone I am sure has one,so who is it. And yes it can be anyone that you would like it to be. Role models are so great to have. They can help you a lot in life and even help you realize things that maby you did not realize before.


PS: Just so no one miss interprets me, I just want to say that my family and friends are my role models but Rosa Parks is just someone who is another great role model to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... This one made me think. You Sid say it could be anyone, but my role model is kind of weird. I've got three great mentors, and if I could morph them together somehow the reaulting person would be my role model. I know. Weird. But there's things about each of my mentors that I'd hope to be like someday. The compassion of one, the intellect of another, and the independence and logic of the third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, well you can have more than one role model always, and that is fine. Trust me I have quite a few role models and your right I have never though of putting all of them toghter. It would sure be something insterening. i have to say.

    ReplyDelete