Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 17, 2010

This Stubborn Girl.


Growing up, I was just as tough as the men in my family. I would always want to do what the men did, and I would tell them that I could do it 10 times better than how they were doing it. I would go out and help my grandfather plant in the garden, and smash tin cans for the recycling box, I would even help mow the grass(which I was not very good at). Lets just say growing up, I was not very girly girl.

Now I am not saying that I dressed up as a boy or anything, I would wear dresses and skirts and I would do some girly things,like play tea party and carry purses, and my favorite shop(which I still do, all the time), but I was just not into the whole pretty pink bows, and things like that, so in a way I guess you could say that I was a bit of a tom boy and I sort of still am, well kind of.

See when I was little for some reason guys in my family just thought they were better than the ladies in my family, and we all know that is not so,right ladies? I mean women can do just as much as men and possible even better. So I believe the reason that I grew up a tom boy is to prove a point and show men that I can do what ever they do, and do it 10 times better.

Now that I am older, I am the same way. I have kind of grew out of my tom boy stage and I am a little more girly girl now, but I still have to show guys sometimes that I an am just as good as they are. See I have told my boyfriend never underestimate me, because I will prove you wrong in a minute.It is kind of funny, when my grandfather met my boyfriend the first thing he told him was "Never underestimate the power of a women" which is just great. He also told him to watch out because I was stubborn and I guess I am, just a little bit, maby.

Anyway, the point that I am try trying to make is that women can do anything that we sit our minds to do. We may not be the best at it,but we can and will do it. Another thing I am trying to tell guys as well,is that you may be stronger but you are not better than women. We just need to all be our self's and not believe that one gender can do something better than the other. We are both equally as smart and it is not a game so why try to compete.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I know what you mean. I'm quite a tomboy myself, growing out of it a bit more now, but still rather run around in jeans and a t-shirt than all dressed up. Always love blowing guys minds when I pick up something heavy they couldn't lift. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on that one. I can do anything that a guy can do. Like I said don't ever think twice about what a women can do.

    ReplyDelete