Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 5, 2010

This Day And Age.


Think back to when you were little and think back to the things that you had and the things that your parents bought you. You remember? I am talking about the toys and things that would entertained you for hours at a time. I remember those things.

When I was little you didn't have all these cool things like these big batterie powered cars that you can get in and drive or the big play houses that you can actually sleep in. No,when I was little I had things like the paddle ball.You remember those?The ones where it had the ball tied to a paddle and you would swing it up in the air to see how many times you could hit the ball,and if the ball broke off all you got was a wiping with a paddle. Or the yo-yo's those were my favorite. See things like that was what I played with when I was little,that and barbies,but that is a different post.

Kids now days are so lucky. I see new things come out all the time for kids.Things that I know they did not have when I was little because if they did I would have had them. I was a very simple kid and a very quite kid so a lot of times I would be outside and draw with chalk on the side walk or jumping rope, just simple things like that. Now, kids have so many things that they can get to keep them entertained for hours. And they never seem to be simple.

What happened to all the simple things. I am old fashion person,like I have said many of my post so it's no wounder that I miss the old kinds of things that USE to be around. Don't get me wrong,some of the things that they have out now days for kids are cute. I am a kid at heart sometimes like everyone else is at times so I do find some of these things cool but a lot of these things we just don't need.

We should just go back to being simple and let kids play with things like jump ropes and chalk, and yo-yo,and dolls things like. Simple. I don't know,call me old fashion but to me it just feels like there are things that come out everyday for kids,things we just don't need.Now that I have said my opinion on this subject, what does anybody else think, Should we go back to the classic toys for kids and or do we really need all these new and fancey toys and things?

1 comment:

  1. I have an addiction to bouncy balls, the little one's you get for a quarter out of vending machines. Since I was a little kid I haven't been able to walk past one of those with a quarter in my pocket and not feed the sucker. I had quite a collection for a while, but my Dad wasn't too happy with them...

    ReplyDelete