Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wants And Needs.


Growing up I always heard people telling me that I had to separate my wants from my needs. Now,of coarse I had no Idea what that meant but I smiled and listened anyways,because well you should always listen to what people tell you.

Anyways, I always heard that around my house. I really had no Idea what that meant. It wasn't until I got a bit older till my family told me that what it really meant when someone said to separate your wants from your needs. They told me that it meant that in life there are things that a person needs in life to survive,like food,or water,clothes, and a home.Then there are things that people want to have like a million dollars,or jewelry or expensive things,just things like that.

Now that I have been on my own since I was 18 I have come to realize that the things that my family and friends told me when I was young really was true.I have come to realize that I really do need to separate my wants from my needs now. I mean between paying for my college things and my rent for my place and my car and phone and food I really need to be careful with my money.

Now that's not saying that I don't go shopping. I actually go shopping quite often,I went shopping today actually,but rather that I need to manage my money and my finances carefully and responsible. Now I know what my parents and grandparents were trying to teach me all along.

1 comment:

  1. Totally know what you mean! But you definitely have to spoil yourself once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete