Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 2, 2010

Lets All Gather.


Family gatherings are always fun. It is a time that you can reunite with your loved ones that you have not seen in a long time. It is a time that you can share stories and laugh together and see each other, plus eat lots of yummy food (that is always a plus).

I have a lot of family,and I do mean a lot. I have family from all over the place,some in the states,and some in the great country of Canada which is where I am from(it is a great place to live). Anyway,we like to gather at least once a year and sometimes twice a year which is not bad. We either gather in the states or in Canada. This year it was in Canada which is good because I did not have to go far from my home.

I got to see a lot of my family from both my moms and dads side which was good,because some of them I have not seen for a long time and the others I only get to see at holidays, so it was good that I got to reunite with them.

The only part that I hate about a family reunion is that I never know what to bring as far as food wise goes. I have very picky eaters in my family so it is hard to please everyone,but I have learned that sometimes you can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try.Besides the food worries I always worry that I am not going to know who everyone is there.The only reason I say that is because, I go to school in the states so I am only up in Canada for vacation from college, so I don't get to see some of my distant family when they come and visit. I am always afraid that I will get to a reunion and forget who someone is, and if that happens it would be so embarrassing

Besides those thing I love family reunions. Where some people hate them I love them. For me it is a chance to talk to people that I only get to talk to on the phone or by mail. So when you get together with your family take that opportunity to get to know the ones you love a bit more. Laugh and share stories with each other.

Family is very important to me and it should be important to everyone. The thing that I have learned is that if you have family and friends nothing else should matter. Like I have said in many on my post and will keep saying, is that family is the most important things so take every moment that you have with your loved ones and treasure it.

4 comments:

  1. Lyndsie, it is wonderful how you appreciate your family and those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,yeah we are all really close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to see your family, and sorry that I've been so behind in commenting lately! It's always better to get to hug on your folks in person, there's just so much that is missed by using only email and phone.

    ReplyDelete