Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Blank Canvas.


My whole life I have always had just one look. I have never changed my hair color,or put on a lot of make-up or changed the way I dress just because of what someone says to me. I like the way the way I look.

The other day at work,I asked my friends if they had to describe me what would they say? I have a variety of friends with all different looks,so I had no idea of what they would say. Some said that I was just me(I am not sure what that means,but that's what they said),and the others I was surprised at what they said. Some said that I was a blank canvas. I didn't know weather to be insulted or to be happy. I mean,what does that mean?

That night, I went home and thought about what my co-workers had said. Blank canvas, really? Out of millions of words and they chose those, why? The more I thought about it though,the more I understood it. See, when I go out I make sure I look cute,and put on a little bit of make-up and just go out as me,but when some people go out they put on clothes that show off way to much skin and just cake on that make-up to where it looks so thick and nasty and put their hair up in weird ways just because their friends are doing it or because someone said to look that way. Me I don't care what anybody says, If people don't like the way I look who cares.

So I guess in a way my friends were right,I am a blank canvas. With me what you see is what you get,no more,no less. If you don't like the way I look here's an idea don't look that will solve the problem. I don't know why people try to impress others by the way they look. We should be doing that with our minds not our bodies(I am old fashion,sorry). I am not saying that I don't like to look good for college or my boyfriend or when I go out somewhere,but I have my look.

I am not going to change for anybody. As far as putting on make-up I don't mind putting on a little in the mornings but I am not going to cake it on. I go for a more natural look which suits me just fine. And for my hair, I don't mind when people color their hair or style,because I style mying I don't color but I do style, but don't go over board with it. Color and style your hair once and just let it be.

Like I said, I like the way I look, I'm happy with who I am inside and out and so should everyone else. We all have our own looks,but that is what makes us so great is because we are all so different and no one looks the same to each other. So just be happy with your looks and don't try to be something that you aren't . So all in all I guess it is not so bad being a blank canvas,just as long as I can be who I want to be and no one else,just plan old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment