Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Importance Of A Name.


How many people have you heard complain about either their actual name or last name or even their middle name? Well I know that I have all the time. Well with me I like my name. My name is actually very important to me and it is something that I treasure everyday.

See,before I was born my great grandmother said that if my mom had a child she would like it to be called Lyndsie Nicole. Well,when my mom found out that she was having a girl she decided to name me that because my great grandmother thought it was pretty and beautiful. So really if you think of it my great grandmother actually gave me my name and I am very honored that she game it to me.
We lost my grandmother last February,so now that I have this name it is like I am caring a little part of me with her with me everyday.

People should really look at their names,I mean really study them. Like I said,I have heard so many people complain that they do not like their names for what ever reasons. Names are so great. They identify who we are and make us who we are. Names can mean so many things. With mying my name means a tree. It is a Scottish name which I found out,and I find very cool and interesting.

There are so many places where names can come from and all of them have different meanings. That is what makes them so interesting . I mean,can you imagine if everybody was walking around with no names. That would be horrible. So just be thankful for your name. It make us who we are as a person and it makes us all different. Just don't complain about your names and be thankful that we all got a name.To me in order to appreciate your name you should understand it. So my advice for today is look up your name, Find out where it comes from and what it means. It might surprise you,who knows. You never know until you try.

2 comments:

  1. My name, Ruth Elizabeth, is a combination of my great-grandmother's names. My mom's middle name was also Ruth, and after she passed it did feel like I was carrying a part of her too. I've always been fascinated with my name for some reason. It's Hebrew and means "Beautiful Friend." Not beautiful as in physical beauty, but in someone that is a good, loyal friend as Ruth was in the Bible. I also love that my name is from the older era and not many people my age were graced with it. Probably more than you wanted to know, but it's one of my favorite topics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ruth I find that very instering and cool. Thanks for sharing that with me. Your name is very instering and beautful. Like you I have a very non comin name. Not very many people have my name. Well They don't have it spelled the way I have it spelled. Sorry to hear about your mother but like my grandmother at least you have a little piece of your mother with you forever like I have with my grandmother. Like you mying is an older meaning as well. And like I said it is spelled so weird so not many people know how to pronounce it. It is spelled Lyndsie Nicole. Like I said Beautiful name Ruth. and I like your middle name to very beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete