Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Painful Truth.


Today this post is going to be a little different. This is something that was sent to me by someone on FaceBook and it really inspired me.

The other day while I was on facebook,I came across something that someone had sent to me. It was a poem called "Daddy It Hurts". It was a very sad and beautiful poem that me think deeply. The poem was about a child called Chris. It basically said that every time his parents come home they would hurt him. He would beg for his life but it would not work. At the end of the poem it tells you that the parents had beaten Chris so bad that one day they finally murdered him.

Even know this was not a real story it still made me very sad to know that things like this does happen everyday. It happens when people lease expect it. It is said that at least 5 children everyday die from child abuse. It is a horrible thing,but it does happen.

It also makes me very mad. I believe that if you have a child, you should treat it like it is your own life. Now,I am not a parent so maby I have the wrong look on this,but I do have cousin and I do watch my friends kids and I would never in a million ,billion years hurt or smack a child. It is so wrong. I mean for heaven sakes they are Innocent souls they do not do anything to anybody. No one deserves to be hit but especially a child. What gives people the right to do something like that.?

Well like I said,it does happen and it happens everyday. Read the poem and you will know what I am talking about. Maby one day we can stop child abuse for good.If you read this poem you will know why I wrote this blog and why I was so sad after reading it,Especially if you are a parent. The poem is here down below.


"Daddy It Hurts".

My name is Chris,
I am three,
My eyes are swollen.
I cannot see.
I must be stupid,
I must be bad,
What else could have made,
My daddy so mad?
I wish I were better,
I wish I weren't ugly,
Then maybe my mommy,
Would still want to hug me.
I can't do a wrong,
I can't speak at all,
Or else I'm locked up,
All day long.
When I'm awake,
I'm all alone,
The house is dark,
My folks aren't home.
When my mommy does come home,
I'll try and be nice,
So maybe I'll just get,
One whipping tonight.
I just heard a car,
My daddy is back,
From Charlie's bar
I hear him curse,
My name is called,
I press myself,
Against the wall.
I try to hide,
From his evil eyes,
I'm so afraid now,
I'm starting to cry.
He finds me weeping,
Calls me ugly words,
He says its my fault,
He suffers at work.

He slaps and hits me,
And yells at me more,
I finally get free,
And run to the door.
He's already locked it,
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me,
Against the hard wall.
I fall to the floor,
With my bones nearly broken,
And my daddy continues,
With more bad words spoken.
'I'm sorry!', I scream,
But it's now much too late,
His face has been twisted,
Into a unimaginable shape.
The hurt and the pain,
Again and again,
O please God, have mercy!
O please let it end!
And he finally stops,
And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless,
Sprawled on the floor.
My name is Chris,
I am three,
Tonight my daddy,
Murdered me.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely heartbreaking :/

    I saw a lot of this when I was in Kenya, and it broke my heart. I was so proud of the kids who made the decision to accept their bad experiences and move past them to better their lives, and to help others who have been in the same situation. It's such an unnessicary and cruel thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the same as my name is sarah!

    ReplyDelete