Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Learning Mind.


When I was in grade school and middle school and yes even high school the things that I got taught never really stuck with me. Don't get me wrong , I like school I really did. It was a chance for me to learn something and get an education and it was a chance for me to learn some responsibilities for myself but when it came to my school work or the things that they taught me I always thought differently about them.

I paid attention and yes I was on the "A" honor roll for most of my schooling years,but I just never understood why they tough us some of the things that they did in school. Everybody had there favorite classes and their least favorite classes. For me my favorite class was either between drama which I was in for 9 years, or English because I love to write and read. My least favorite class was biology CP. I hated that class with a passion. I never though that things that I learned in that class and also things that I learned in algebra would come in handy.

Come on,what would I need algebra for or biology for that matter. Now that I have graduated I have come to realize that the things that they teach you in your schooling in your younger years may not be so important to you then, but when you grow up you will actually use them. Ok,so I don't know how I am using biology, but with math I use that everyday.Actually that is a subject that you should pay close attention to when at school it is very important.

Now that I go to college I have learned my lesson. Now, I have learned to pay close attention and to keep an open mind and not look down on the things that they are teaching me because you never know when you will use them. It could be when you least expect it or it could not be at all you never know. So tell me, what were your least favorite subjects in school and what were your favorite? Also,if you go to school now what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment